It’s Saturday morning and I am at my computer in my pyjamas, quite tired as I only got to bed around 2am, thinking that I really should write a blog post. I have loads of future posts planned but none of them feel quite right for this morning. Saturday is our family day, it is the one day a week where we just hang out together as a family. No computers allowed so I usually post my Saturday blog post in advance or simply don’t have one. Today is slightly different because I need to let Eric have a lie in as he is not well at the moment, so I thought I would steal a moment to chat to you.
OK I will come right out with it – something has been troubling me lately! I am becoming very burdened with the state of families on the UK and the general state of the world. Yes I know sounds silly. Usually I ignore those feelings, I dismiss them instantly because they are too big and there is nothing I can do about it. I am doing the best I can with what God has given me to do and already that is taking up all of my time. This past week, however, I have allowed myself to feel a little more that I usually do. I have allowed myself to fantasise about “what if?”. What if I can do more, what if I can make a national or global difference in this world? Yesterday I read about 400 young girls that were rescued from the sex trade. What shocked me most were their ages – age two to age fifteen! Come on there has to be something I can do about that – that is too sad for words. Amy is nearly two years old, I can’t imagine her being in that position.
I don’t usually allow these feelings into my heart because I feel so helpless, I block them out, I ignore them, I turn a blind eye. My aim has always been to build my life to a level of financial stability and influence so that I can THEN do something about it! BUT… I allowed the thought of this two year old into my heart and now it has messed me up completely. I can’t wait until ‘then’ any more, I have to start doing something about it now. God doesn’t take people of wealth & influence and ‘then’ use them, he takes people that are available and uses them, providing whatever is needed along the way. My excuses are disabled now, I know the truth and it’s time to get on with fighting injustice. Will you join me?
- I am going to stop waiting and stop saying I can’t and I am going to see what I CAN do.
- I am going to see how many of A21‘s ways to help I can achieve.
- I am going to rewrite my finance book, Money Does Matter, and pitch it in a way that we have a responsibility to sort our finances out so we can make a difference in this world and then donate a percentage to the A21 campaign.
- I am going to trust God and pray.
- I am going to look at Amy every day and thank God for her precious life and intentionally remind myself that there are other little ones just like her out there suffering and I can do something about it.
- I am going to believe that my small steps along with your small steps can make a global difference to the world wide problem of human trafficking!
- As a Church we are going to direct our entire focus for 2011 on families. Building the nation by building our families.
Will you join me? Don’t brush it off like I did, too many of us do that which is why the world is in the state it is in today. If human trafficking is not something on your heart what is on your heart? What injustice are you standing up for?
To partner with me in these small steps and to share in the journey that lies ahead, add the image above to your blog and link it to the new Causes page here http://kingsdaughters21.blogspot.com/p/causes.html
This will be a work in progress and your feedback and ideas are very welcome, I can’t do this alone but perhaps you and I together can!